I have been reading a book called 'Good: an introduction to ethics in graphic design', and its been really useful for my design context. One of the designers whose work features in it is Luba Lukova, an illustrator who does a lot of work highlightng social, political and cultural issues. These illustrations are from 'Social Justice', a set of 12 posters based around these themes. The Health Coverage poster was in a prestigious exhibit at the Inauguration of President Obama in Washington. She uses strong visual metaphors to represent the subject (written underneath) but using very simple imagery. It is very easy to understand the message in each one. I really like her because its more her ideas that are key to this work and I enjoy doing that in my work. This has made me not be able to decide (again) what to do after Easter because I think this kind of stuff suits me better, like the Guardian postcards I did, rather than my other idea of promoting a community organisation and doing a logo etc. Hmmm.
I am a third year degree student at Leeds college of Art and Design studying Graphic design. I am interested in illustration and hand drawn design, strong concepts and ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment