
My gender issues brief is on hold at the moment because i didn't feel I could go any further without consulting the age group that its for - 14-18 year olds so i gave out some questionnaires to a school back home at the weekend and I'm waiting for responses. (it probably would be better to go talk to this age group, especially when my theme is social issues, but i refuse to go up to a bunch of scallys on the streets of leeds.) I want to find out if they do think outside stereotypical views and also what else they think is important when choosing a career. I fit turns out that they don't care about stereotypes or there is something more important that they worry about it may turn this brief on its head.
So in the meantime I have been doing a brief from Ctrl.Alt.Shift. which is to submit a piece of work based around the word 'conflict'. I think they might be looking for actual art so i'll probably not submit it. I decided to just try and illustrate some of the information attached to the brief. There were facts and statistics about the causes of war, the victims and where in the world its happening. I'm trying to suggest Colombia in it because a lot of Ctrl.Alt.Shift.'s cause is focused there. I have most the elements I want in the illustration (and chucked them all together above) but I now need to arrange them in some sort of composition. I think this would be a good thing to ask Matt tomorrow in the tutorial. I have so far used loads of photocopying, to scale things up and down to get more detail in, and using pens of different thicknesses and pencil. I wanted stuff to look quite dark and dirty and I like the traces of toner left on the photocopies. I think this suits the subject of war and conflict because it looks worn and rough. To help me along I am looking at David Foldvari but I'm a bit scared that I'll end up copying him. I really want a composition with impact like he does.


No comments:
Post a Comment